Saturday, November 14, 2015

Personal Childhood Web

This blog is dedicated especially to the people who nurtured and cared for me when I was a child. 

It is impossible to narrow it down to five people. I owe numerous family members this title. I have an extremely large family. I am truly a prodigy of "It takes a village to raise a child."  Growing up, I was taught to respect everyone. The young and the old but especially the old. Where ever I went, someone could put me in my place; my aunts, uncles, older cousins, family friends or just people who knew my family and what they stood for. Because of this, I rarely got in trouble. I was afraid that it would get back to my parents if I did something wrong.


My mother and I have an amazing bond. She is not only my mother; she is my friend. Ruth made sure I was well taken care of. She put me first and made sure I went down the right paths in life. Whatever shoe I needed her to wear, she wore it. She was and still is my counselor, nurse, lawyer, teacher, and so much more. We are so close that we have worked together at two different jobs. It is such a joy to be blessed with a mother like her. I still get warm and fuzzy inside when I talk about the great things she has done for me! 




 My father is a pretty cool guy. He let me lead the way in my life with guidance and protection. Leonard "Lenny" was there to catch me when I fell, and pick me up when I was down. He lived in a different house but he was always a phone call away. We talked everyday and we still do. Having a leadership role as a child set the tone for the life I would now lead. I greatly appreciate all the things that my dad has done and continues to do for me.



I just pointed out my parents but as I stated earlier everyone in my family as well as the surrounding communities I lived in played a major role in my life. I want the same for my children. I tell them to respect everyone. They also know if they are doing something wrong anybody can correct them(verbally) and if they don't listen they have to answer to their father and I.

"A fearless child is a dangerous child"


2 comments:

  1. I find it great that you are able to choose your father as your hero!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you got so excited when talking about the bond between you and your mom. I only hope that my own daughter can say the same about me! It sounds like your mom is a wonderful woman!

    ReplyDelete